Mystic River Rowing provides rowing opportunities for scullers of all levels,
novice to elite.
Our very popular “Learn to Scull Clinic” is held once each summer. This one-week (Monday – Friday) program is open to adults and youngsters age 14 and up. Maximum 5 participants. The 2016 class will be held June 27-July 1, 6:00-8:00 a.m. Registration is through the YMCA.
Group and Individual Rowing
Once adults and youngsters have completed the Learn to Scull Program and/or demonstrated adequate competency, they may join our group rows several evenings each week. Our intermediate and elite scullers are welcome to row individually, using our community equipment or their private equipment.
Most MRR members row during the summer alone, or in informal groups, either in the early morning or late afternoon. However, there is a general calendar of events associated with and/ or assisted by members of MRR.
General Calendar of Events
- February/March the Mystic Branch of the Ocean Community YMCA hosts an ergometer competition as an impetus for local masters, high school and college rowers to focus their winter training.
- Weather dependent – end of March/April river rowing begins again.
- Memorial Day Row
- Sculling class sessions June (please see YMCA program for sign up.)
- Summer picnic and competition with Groton Parks and Recreation rowers
- Coastweeks Regatta, a 2100 meter Mystic River head race for masters, college and high school rowers which kicks off the autumn racing season (2016 race will be on September 18; due to construction at the Seaport racing will be limited to singles and doubles only)
- November – End of season get-together.